Helping Keep Staten Island Green Since 1973
Protectors is committed to increasing the stewardship of Staten Island’s existing parkland, bluebelt corridors and nature preserves and to continuing the effort to preserve Staten Island’s natural areas. Protectors advocates for protection and preservation by educating our members, the general public and elected officials at all levels ofgovernment through meetings, workshops, walks, articles, newsletters and sponsorship of environmental education.
- leads nature walks and hikes through proposed and existing parks,
• mobilizes public opinion to create and enlarge parks,
• protects existing parks from unwise, damaging proposed uses,
• holds monthly forest restoration workshops to plant native trees and remove harmful vines, and
• sponsors teenagers at summer conservation camp.
Why Join Protectors?
- meet and work with others who care about conserving our natural resources,
• help protect and preserve Staten Island’s remaining natural areas,
• show your concern about the overdevelopment that is ruining our Island’s heritage and future,
• see and enjoy our Island’s beauty on Protectors’ sponsored walks and hikes,
• learn how you can help from quarterly bulletins, semi-annual meetings, and e-mail alerts, and
• support efforts to protect and enlarge parks.
Click here for membership form. Open in Adobe Acrobat, print and mail in with your membership fee.